Without changing the name the sub-system name, you cannot.

Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Fred Kaptein
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2016 11:11
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: How to Dynamically add SUBSYTEM

Hello,

We have a subsystem that did not properly get initialized with the IPL.

In SYS1.PARMLIB(IEFSSN00) we have the following statement:
   SUBSYS SUBNAME(SSI) INITRTN(SSIPINIT) INITPARM('3') Subsystem SSI is an
in-house written subsystem.

During the IPL, we received the following errors:
  IEFJ004I SUBSYSTEM SSI NOT INITIALIZED - SSIPINIT NOT FOUND
  IEFJ004I SUBSYSTEM STRP NOT INITIALIZED - STRTPSSI NOT FOUND

Modules SSIPINIT and STRTPSS  do exist in SYS1.TECH.LINKLIB.
Data set SYS1.TECH.LINKLIB is properly in the LINKLIST.

However, SYS1.TECH.LINKLIB was not properly APF authorized during the IPL,
where it should be.
We have since APF authorized it.

How can I initialize this subsystem without an IPL?
I have tried the following commands:
   SETSSI ADD,SUBNAME=SSI,INITRTN=SSIPINIT,INITPARM='3'
   And received the following response
   IEFJ023I SETSSI ADD COMMAND FOR SUBSYSTEM SSI COMPLETED WITH ERRORS
   IEFJ026I SUBSYSTEM SSI IS ALREADY DEFINED TO THE SSI

   SETSSI DEACTIVATE,SUBNAME=SSI
   And received the following response
   IEFJ023I SETSSI DEACTIVATE COMMAND FOR SUBSYSTEM SSI COMPLETED WITH
   ERRORS
   IEFJ036I SUBSYSTEM SSI IS NOT ENABLED FOR THE SETSSI COMMAND

   SETSSI ACTIVATE,SUBNAME=SSI
   IEFJ023I SETSSI ACTIVATE COMMAND FOR SUBSYSTEM SSI COMPLETED WITH ERRORS
   IEFJ036I SUBSYSTEM SSI IS NOT ENABLED FOR THE SETSSI COMMAND

Does anyone know how we can properly activate this subsystem, without an IPL

Any help is appreciated.

Fred

This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be
are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any distribution, copying
or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.
immediately and then destroy any copies of it.