On 29 January 2016 at 01:09, Skip Robinson <jo.skip.robin...@att.net> wrote:
> It's curious that you're getting this message if you do not have the issuing
> product installed. Search on IBM ServiceLink shows this:
>
> OUTPUT MANAGER FOR Z/OS 210
> or
> TIVOLI OUTPUT MANAGER

I guess I was unclear; I'm not getting this message. I was trying to
make the point that there exists (and has roughly forever) a dynamic
allocation message that complains the destination is not known to the
subsystem. And furthermore there is a recent APAR describing some IBM
product that provokes the message by (in error) passing in a bad
destination. If JESx accepts any old destination without validating
it, then why does this message (and indeed the whole subsystem
interace for validating destinations) exist?

Well maybe JES2 (in my case) has changed over the years. But I can
remember getting the message on TSO decades ago.

Tony H.