What Tom said. Running a parallel sysplex, even a bronze one, without GRS
protection would be, as we observed here recently, 'inconceivable'. The fallout
of my experiment indicates the need for a Plan B. It's either bypass enqueue
(File 183 you say?) or, as OP actually did, bring down the enqueuing tasks long
enough to rename a dataset.

If it's sandbox, fire away. But in production, in the immortal words of Dirty
Harry holding a .44, "you've gotta ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel
lucky?'" OP did the right thing.

.
.
.