At the late great Security Pacific Bank, much care and effort were taken for
chargeback to business units. This resulted in actual bills (internal funny
money of course) based on system usage. A fairly elaborate account number
schema supported this activity. Account numbers were tied to projects and were
strictly controlled. A user had to be permitted to use a particular account
number. Accounting/chargeback was done for batch via job card and online via
TSO account number. It was imperative for admins to track all of this. Listing
a TSO userid would show what account numbers/projects the user was set up for.

I'm not sure all this overhead was worth the cost, but it was the law of that
land.
.
.
.