Ron,

Kolusu develops the DFSORT product. Apparently you use a competing product, and
it is not reasonable to get him to aid you with that.

Anyway, as I have said already, it is not the control cards that are difficult,
it is knowing what you want to do.

With the REDEFINES there is, theoretically, nothing you need to do beyond the
type of code you already have. Then tell your receiver how to identify on each
record how many decimal places those fields have.

To my mind, that is not a good way to do it, but it is one way to do it. Better
to have a field saying how many decimal places, or an embedded, actual, for
real, decimal-point (which can be a comma for Continental Europe, for instance).

If you can say what you want to do, it is easy to show you how to do it.