bles...@ofiglobal.com (Lester, Bob) writes:
> ​Yeah. Worst mistake Gary Kindall ever made. Just think, if he'd hadn't
> "blown off" IBM, I'd be cursing his memory (he's deceased) instead of
> Bill Gates. Or maybe not, I ran CP/M-80 back in the day. I really
> enjoyed it.  But, then, I enjoyed everything more back then. <sigh>
> everything was bright, shiny, and new <sigh/>​

before ms/dos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-DOS
there was seattle computer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Computer_Products
before seattle computer there was cp/m,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP/M
before cp/m, kildall worked with cp67/cms (precursor to vm370) at npg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Postgraduate_School

other trivia ... after 64, commodore did amiga ... which ran ARexx
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARexx

ARexx is an implementation of the REXX language for the Amiga, written
in 1987 by William S. Hawes, with a number of Amiga-specific features
beyond standard REXX facilities. Like most REXX implementations, ARexx
is an interpreted language. Programs written for ARexx are called
"scripts", or "macros"; several programs offer the ability to run ARexx
scripts in their main interface as macros.

... snip ...

more trivia ... acorn group in Boca kept claiming that they wouldn't
going to do any software and an IBM group was formed in silicon valley
to write software for acorn. Then at some point the Boca group changed
their mind and wanted responsibility for all software ...  if necessary
contracting with outside groups (some viewed as eliminating internal
competition).

some past mentioning acorn
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2002g.html#79 Coulda, Woulda, Shoudda moments?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2003d.html#19 PC history, was PDP10 and RISC