On 2/14/2016 11:19 AM, Graham Harris wrote:
Ed Jaffe wrote:

The nice thing about an overabundance of real storage is the ability to
create a very large LFAREA with plenty of room for 1MB >pageable pages and
-- if you have software that can truly benefit from it (which we don't) --
2G fixed pages.

LFAREA does of course only generally hold fixed large pages, although it
does also handle overflow of PLAREA when that becomes full, which maybe
what you were thinking.

LFAREA (Large Frame Area) provides frame space for both fixed and pageable large pages. We specify:

LFAREA=7782M,                      Large frame area

which is more than enough for our needs. Right after IPL I see some fairly small numbers:

D VS,LFAREA
IAR019I  13.56.52 DISPLAY VIRTSTOR 507
 SOURCE =  20
 TOTAL LFAREA = 7782M , 0G
 LFAREA AVAILABLE = 7257M , 0G
 LFAREA ALLOCATED (1M) = 0M
 LFAREA ALLOCATED (4K) = 311M
 MAX LFAREA ALLOCATED (1M) = 0M
 MAX LFAREA ALLOCATED (4K) = 311M
 LFAREA ALLOCATED (PAGEABLE1M) = 214M
 MAX LFAREA ALLOCATED (PAGEABLE1M) = 214M
 LFAREA ALLOCATED NUMBER OF 2G PAGES = 0
 MAX LFAREA ALLOCATED NUMBER OF 2G PAGES = 0

Of course, these numbers grow over time...

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc