From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Friday, 19 February, 2016 9:50 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: zfs question root growth

** THIS IS AN EXTERNAL EMAIL ** Use caution before opening links / attachments.
Never supply UserID/PASSWORD information.

Are you looking for a monitoring tool?

There are IOE messages that come out in syslog indicating utilization on zFS
files.  So you could look at those from an external perspective.

Manually, you can use ISPF 3.17 to look at specific files and see what they
look like.

I have not done this, but I think RMF may have something for zFS files.

Could you provide more details on what you are looking for?

Do you have aggregate grow turned on ?  What version of zFS are you using?
Version 3/4/5?
How much space is available on the volume for your root?

In my mind, a ROOT should be fairly static.  SYMLINKs and non-growing files.

What files do you have in your ROOT that maybe should be under /etc /lpp /user
and so forth?

Lizette