From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Peter Hunkeler
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2016 4:15 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: System Identifier in low level qualifier of name of temporary data set

JCL reference explains how the name of a temporary data set is built by the
system. The low level qualifier will be either "Rggnnnnn" or "Hgg". The manualy
says "gg" is the *system identifier* of the system which interpreted the JCL
(for static DDs) or which is executing the job (for dynallocs).

On our four-way sysplex, I just saw values 02 an 07, which puzzles me.
I could not find where the two digit *system identifier* is coming from. Any
idea?

--
Peter Hunkeler