I think the op question was about the file system name during the COBOL
installation.  Do you need to setup a new path, use an existing path or how
does COBOL 5.2 know to use the COBOL 5.2 path vs. the other path?  Or is the
file system not needed during comp/lked?

MOUNT FILESYSTEM('#dsn')
MOUNTPOINT('/usr/lpp/IBM/cobol/igyv5r2')
MODE(RDRW) /* can be MODE(READ) */
TYPE(ZFS)

Or I misunderstood the op question.

Lizette