From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Grinsell, Don
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 12:04 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: Raised Floor

Assuming a rather loose definition of "raised floor" as "machine room", then
the statement is correct in that only people who actually need to work there
should be there.  On the other hand, if the floor is simply raised to allow
easy access to wiring, then it's totally appropriate.  We converted an unused
machine room to office space and left the raised floor in place for just that
purpose.

--

Donald Grinsell
State of Montana

"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane
every night of our lives."
~ William Dement