From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Ed Gould
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 9:27 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Enterprise COBOL V6 documentation available

Greg:

When the first COBOL MVS and VM came out there was no M&C (this was mid 1990's)
.
Somewhere around 2005-7 there was a M&C I used to use it quite a bit in fact.
AFAIR there was always a M&C for cobol (various versions and releases that go
back to the 1960's) in fact I remember specifically in the mid-late 60's) using
it to find out that the then current cobol did not support VBS. We had to back
out a major change over to VBS on an online savings system.
So do not tell me there never was one.

I also remember the first ship COBOL program Product that did have a M&C as I
had to make sure that it was distributed to all 200 programmers. I had to write
a letter to IBM to ask permission to copy the fine manual.