From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Donald J.
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2016 9:05 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: PLEASE HELP TLS 1.2

ENCRYPTION=ALL                   Allows the use of TLS v1.1 and v1.2 in
addition to the protocols allowed by STRONG (TLS v1.0).

ENCRYPTION=TLS12FIPS        Allows the use only TLS v1.2 with FIPS 140-2
standards
ENCRYPTION=STRONG           Allows the use of TLS v1.0 (this is the default).

ENCRYPTION=SSLV3               Allows the use of TLS v1.0 and SSL V3.0.

--
  Donald J.
  dona...@4email.net

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016, at 08:37 AM, Lopez, Sharon wrote:
> A federal agency changed to TLS v1.2 over the weekend and now we are not able
> to connect to them via CICS 5.2.  We have on the TLS V1.2 ptf for z/OS 1.13
> and we are starting with the correct SIT within CICS.  We are missing
> something but cannot figure this out.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Are
> there parameters somewhere else that we need to specifiy TLS 1.2.  We
> appreciate any help that you can give us.
> Thank you.
>

> ________________________________
>
> Email correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North
> Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an
> authorized state official.

http://www.fastmail.com - Access your email from home and the web

Confidentiality Notice: This e- mail and all attachments may contain
CONFIDENTIAL information and are meant solely for the intended recipient. It
may contain controlled, privileged, or proprietary information that is
protected under applicable law and shall not be disclosed to any unauthorized
third party. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any unauthorized review, action, disclosure, distribution, or reproduction
of any information contained in this e- mail and any attachments is strictly
PROHIBITED. If you received this e- mail in error, please reply to the sender
immediately stating that this transmission was misdirected, and delete or
destroy all electronic and paper copies of this e-mail and attachments without
disclosing the contents. This e- mail does not grant or assign rights of
ownership in the proprietary subject matter herein, nor shall it be construed
as a joint venture, partnership, teaming agreement, or any other formal
business relationship.