Is it defined to VLF?

Kreiter IBM-Main <mailto:kreiter_ibm-m...@centurylink.net>
April 28, 2016 at 8:32 AM
Hello,

I'm looking for some suggestions on how to possibly improve I/O performance to a PDS. A user is running a job that is reading a large parmlib (through PROJCL I believe). I think the access is random rather than sequential. The parmlib has ~180,000 members is has an LRECL of 80/BLKSIZE of 27,920. The performance team has reviewed a found ~ 6ms response time to the volume that houses the PDS with most of the time being connect time.

Thanks,
Chuck

Please be alert for any emails that may ask you for login information or directs you to login via a link. If you believe this message is a phish or aren't sure whether this message is trustworthy, please send the original message as an attachment to 'phish...@timeinc.com'.

--

Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.
Lt. Gen. David Morrison