On 5/10/2016 1:23 AM, Pinnacle wrote:
FYI,

I allocated a non-SMS EAV on my system with 111300 cylinders.  I try to
run three jobs with SPACE=(CYL,(10000,5000),RLSE),DSNTYPE=LARGE.  The
first job runs, the other two fail with IEF257I SPACE REQUESTED NOT
AVAILABLE, on the EAV when it has 90000 CYLS avail.  The allocation
message indicates that it attempted allocation on the EAV.  If I single
thread the jobs, no problem.  Is this a bug or a feature?  And no, I
can't submit a PMR.

Regards,
Tom Conley

I fingered it out. In the failing cases, I was using an IBM Futility which apparently wasn't updated with EAV code. It was failing because it was allocating in the track-managed space. I'm going to verify that with a Generic Tracker run, then I'll be pursuing an RFE with the culprits.

Regards,
Tom Conley