Hi

Using an example in the DFSSMS advanced services guide I got strange output
from OBTAIN
With CAMLST

         OBTAIN DSCB
DSCB.   CAMLST SEARCH,DSABC,VOL,WORKAREA
DSABC.   DC. CL44'data.set.name'
VOL.         DC.  CL6'VOLSER'
WORKAREA DS CL140

Register 15 returned a zero

WORKAREA pointed to a '1' indicating a format1
DSCB then a volser when I back up the address of WORKAREA by 50 bytes I got the
44 bytes dataset name followed by the volser followed by a '1' followed by the
volser again
The 2 byte volseq field didn't seem to make any sense and the 3 byte creation
date had some binary number not a EBCDIC representation that I would expect

Sent from my iPhone