Wasn't the MM the bon number?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Edward Gould
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 11:20 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: What was a 3314? (was: Whither VIO)

> On May 18, 2016, at 7:50 PM, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:
>
> I remember them well. I was answering Steve's two implied questions.
>
> 2321 was certainly characterized as DASD. It was indeed a direct access
> storage device. Not a disk, but DASD nonetheless. Certainly not magnetic tape
> (though it had a family resemblance!) and certainly not unit record.

It addressing had MMBBCCHHR(R?) so I guess you could address it directly.
Anyone remember how to do that? (progr5amming for a 2321 is a lost art (where
is Seymour?).

Ed

> I don't think anyone recalls a 3314. I think the OP said it was a typo, 2314
> mis-remembered as 3000-series DASD.
>
> Charles

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you
have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This
individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not
immediately by e-mail if you have received this message by mistake and delete
this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are