What are these pipes of which you speak? They sound interesting. Do they stream information like lead and copper and PVC plumbing streams water? Do they come with couplers and tees and elbows and valves and filters?

-- R; <><

On 05/19/16 15:29, Dyck, Lionel B. (TRA) wrote:
You can add your comments to the comments section on both RFEs - I think that
would be terrific.

Thank you

Lionel B. Dyck (Contractor)
Mainframe Systems Programmer
Enterprise Infrastructure Support (Station 200) (005OP6.3.10)
VA OI&T Service Delivery & Engineering

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2016 2:27 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Two RFE's to please vote for

On Thu, 19 May 2016 13:57:41 -0500, Dyck, Lionel B. (TRA) wrote:

I would like to encourage everyone on these listservs to check out these two RFE's and
please vote for them - let's "nudge" IBM into doing them:

I have voted for both of these.  I think.  How does one indicate strength of
interest (1-2-3-4-5)?  I couldn't find that.

TSO Pipes

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=47
699

That's a weak "yes" for me.  But it shouldn't be "similar to CMS"; it should
rely on reusable code as much as possible, for portability/compatibility/synchronized
maintenance.

also for StreamIO

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=47
742

That's a strong "yes".  I'd add a couple things:

o Stream I/O is already supported in compiled Rexx, but only for Classic data
sets,
   and in OMVS interpreted, but only for UNIX files.  Both should be supported
everywnere.

o The standard SIGNAL ON NOTREADY should be part of the requirement.  (That
   can't be done in a function package.)

(Can you amend?)

There's some overlap here; it should be possible to bridge stream I/O to the
putative TSO Pipelines.

Thanks,
gil