extern "OS" {
  int asmprog( int n, int y = 1 );
}

int main( int argc, char *argv[] )
{
    asmprog(1);
    return 0;
}

On 27/05/2016 6:05 AM, Charles Mills wrote:
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question but wondered if someone
knew for sure.

If I declare a function void FOO(int x = 1); and call it with FOO() then the
construction and passing of an integer parameter with a value of 1 is
entirely handled by the calling module, correct?

The reason I am asking ... suppose FOO is a function implemented in
assembler, not in C++. The declaration of the default parameter and the
invocation with the parameter omitted will still work, right?

Charles