From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John McKown
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 9:43 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: TCPIP Help

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 9:21 AM, Scott Ford <idfzos...@gmail.com> wrote:

> All:
>
> I need some help guys/gals.  I have installed z/OS 2.2 under z/PDT and
> have a wierd issue. I am trying to send a file via IND$FILE, I see the
> xref start and it hangs forever forcing me to cancel the TSO userid.
> Could this be a IP routing issue ?  I need some help on where to start
> looking.  I realize this isnt the TCPIP forum and apologize for the
> thread.but I need some help.

​I'm confused. IND$FILE does not run on TCP/IP per se. It runs over the
3270 data stream (the 3270 emulation session). So long as you can access TSO
with no problems, then IND$FILE should work OK. ​How are you invoking IND$FILE?
In the past, I would get out of ISPF, back to the TSO ready. I then switched to
a command prompt and used the "send" or "receive" (IIRC) commands, which were a
part of the 3270 emulation software package.

​One thing that I know of which will hang up an IND$FILE will be an
asynchronous message coming to the ​TSO user, such as from a NOTIFY on a job or
someone using the TSO SEND command to send a message. I always used a PROFILE
NOINTERCOM to help avoid this problem.

--
The unfacts, did we have them, are too imprecisely few to warrant our certitude.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown