Fun to read! But whenever I see things like this a couple of items come to mind:

1) z/OS often gets lumped in with z/Linux as if a move to z/Linux will save the mainframe. Sure, that will save the *hardware*, but it won't save the jobs of all the z/OS software folks.

2) IBM needs to make z/OS (etc) available for free for students and developers so they can run it on Hercules. I'm not sure IBM realizes that is basically their last chance to ever get z/OS growing again.

Mark Regan wrote:
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/mainframe-world/ibm-plans-for-the-future-an-imaginary-tale-73469