From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
????? ????????? <penin...@education.gov.il>
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 10:39 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Read a PDS (all members) like PS dataset

Always interesting, I am dealing this week  with an error that I hoped would be
solved by the different solutions presented here, but after trying some of the
solutions presented herein have not recovered.
Background: In preparation for a system cutover, executed IDCAMS LISTC with
SYSPRINT to a PDS file containing very important cutover data. (thought that
was an efficient method of documentation   :)   - the laugh is on me).
The original file was a typical jcl type (80 lrecl) after running the LISTC and
updating the results, the PDS members which existed prior to the LISTC job
execution were unreadable - IO ERROR.   Since the disk was a 'sandbox' type
disk, it wasn't backed up nor dumped.  I have been trying various recovery
methods - many of them as advised on this discussion list to not avail. Any
ideas ?  Would it be preferable for me to  specify the actions I already did to
try to recover the file?

.