Changing the title to start a new thread

Go to the CBTTAPE.ORG and get the PDS utility.  It has a recovery process.

Or if you know the original attributes, use IEBGENER to write a new Member

//S1  EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN   DD DUMMY
//SYSUT1   DD *
  Dummy record
/*
//SYSUT2  DD DISP=OLD,DSN=broken.pds(@#$Dmy),LRECL=x,BLKSIZE=X,DSORG=PO,RECFM=FB

You really do need both the LRECL and BLKSIZE for this to be successful.

I have used this, but it is at your own risk.

If you have a backup of the file, I would go back to it an re apply changes

Even in a Sandbox, I use HSM to back up critical files.  It is better to be safe
than sorry later.

Lizette