From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John McKown
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 1:54 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Where is format of Job ID documented?

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 3:38 PM, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

> Yeah, I know, JOBnnnnn or Tnnnnnnn.
>
> Is there a formal description somewhere? Where?
>
> Charles
>
> ​I don't know if it is "formal" or not, but here:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ieaa600/iea3a6_Obtaining_a_job_identifier.htm

<quote>

Issue an ENDREQ macro after writing a complete job to the internal reader.
The job identifier is returned in the RPLRBAR field of the request parameter
list (RPL). See z/OS JES2 Commands
<https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.hasa200/toc.htm>
 or z/OS JES3 Commands
<https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.iatb300/toc.htm>
for
details about the job identifier.
RPLRBAR is an 8-byte field. The first 3 bytes, xxx, are the characters JOB, TSU
or STC. The remaining 5 bytes, nnnnn, represent the five digits of the job