From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Vernooij, CP (ITOPT1) - KLM
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 7:45 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: Where is format of Job ID documented?

Out of interest, I did some research.

The $JBIDBLD macro documents:
JOBTYPE=Specifies a label, or a register that contains the address, of the job
type flag byte (JOB, STC, TSU) used to construct the job ID. The job type flag
byte must be defined.
Valid job types, and the bit settings for each are:
job typeflag bit settingbatch
jobxxxxxx       00
STCxxxxxx       01
TSUxxxxxx       10

(no more, no less?)

Other doc only speaks of:
JES2 JOBID such as J12345, JOB12345, S12345, STC12345, T12345, TSU12345

Isn't the APPC initiator structure a complete clone of JES2? In other words, it
has its own rules and JES2 has no relation whatsoever with APPC jobs or its
jobids?

Kees.