On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 01:16:42 +0000, Rob Schramm wrote:

>Any region size in excess of 16m gives you that amount above the line plus
>everything that is available below the line.  REGION=64M is 64M above and
>(assuming you have a 10M below the line YBTLRMV) gives you the 10M below as
>well.  Been that way for as long as I remember. This also assumes there are
>no exits messing with the REGION.

Not quite. From the JCL Reference:

<quote>
 If your installation does not change the IBM-supplied default limits in the
IEALIMIT
or IEFUSI exit routine modules, then specifying various values for the region
size
has the following results:

A value greater than 16,384K or 16M and less than or equal to 32,768K or 32M --
gives the job step all the storage available below 16 megabytes. The resulting
size
of the region below 16 megabytes depends on system options and what system
software is installed. The extended region size is the default value of 32
megabytes.

A value greater than 32,768K or 32M and less than or equal to 2,096,128K or
2047M
-- gives the job step all the storage available below 16 megabytes. The
resulting
size of the region below 16 megabytes depends on system options and what system
software is installed. The extended region size is the specified value. If the
region
size specified is not available above 16 megabytes, the job step receives
whatever
storage is available above 16 megabytes, up to the requested amount, and the
resulting size of the region above 16 megabytes depends on system options and
what system software is installed.
</quote>

--
Tom Marchant