From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Mark Zelden
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:03 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: SYS1.BRODCAST

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 19:01:14 +0000, Staller, Allan
<allan.stal...@wunderman.com> wrote:

>Answering my own question:
>
>Yes, you can run *WITHOUT* a SYS1.BRODCAST dataset.
>
>You will receive a couple of messages at logon time indicating SYS1.BRODCAST
>cannot be allocated.
>The logon will proceed and the user BROADCAST dataset will be handled normally.

But if you're like Skip you better remove the hard coded DD from MSTJCLxx or
you're probably in for an unpleasant surprise when you IPL. :-)  I removed it
so many years ago that I can't remember when that change happened.

Regards,

Mark
--
Mark Zelden - Zelden Consulting Services - z/OS, OS/390 and MVS ITIL v3
Foundation Certified mailto:m...@mzelden.com Mark's MVS Utilities: