Hi,

We’re trying to print Royal Mail MailMark barcodes which require C40 encoding
throughout.

When we have sent samples to Royal Mail they are being rejected because the c40
Latchcode is in the middle.

Based on my reading this suggests that we are still using default encoding and
not C40 which suggests that the BCXPARMS ENCODE parameter is not working.

We are running PSF 4.3.0 for z/OS and PAGE PRINTER FORMATTING AID/390(PM36617)

(PM36617 being the fix that enabled the BCXPARMS ENCODE parameter for barcodes
but doesn’t mention C40 as an option)

And the device we’re printing to is an IBM Infoprint 4100, ECLEVEL=V12.5.17

I have found documentation on the Web that shows C40 as an option for the
BCXPARMS ENCODE parameter but can’t find any information about what we need to
do to enable that.

We have created a new pagedef and recycled the printer.

SETUNITS  10.00 CPI  1.00 LPI LINESP  1.00 LPI ;
PAGEDEF BARCOD
      PELSPERINCH 240
      REPLACE YES;
FONT CALI00 CALI00
      ROTATION 0;

PAGEFORMAT BARCOD
             PELSPERINCH 240;
SETUNITS  10.00 CPI  1.00 LPI LINESP  1.00 LPI ;
   PRINTLINE
      REPEAT 10  LINE
      POSITION  0.20 IN  0.33 IN ;
SETUNITS LINESP  1.00 LPI ;
    FIELD START 1 LENGTH 51
      FONT CALI00
      POSITION  14.00   0.00  ;
   FIELD START 1 LENGTH 51
     POSITION  0.00   0.00
      BARCODE BARC1
        TYPE 2DMATRIX
        MOD 0
        MODWIDTH 20
        BCXPARMS SIZE 16 BY 48
         E2A ESC ENCODE C40;

Does anyone have any experience of this and can offer up any suggestions on how
to figure this out?

Mark