You are right it was just because it was my work e-mail thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John McKown
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 8:16 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: subscribing options

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 6:58 AM, Joe Reichman <reichman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> I would like to subscribe to IBM-MAIN on my Work Email but since its
> work I would only like to receive messages that I have posted to as
> opposed to my personal e-mail where I receive all messages
>
> Can anyone point me in the direction

​I think this list is "all or nothing". You cannot receive only messages which
​you yourself posted and their replies (i.e. a "thread"). You can do a "digest"
- all emails for the day, sent at the end of the day; "normal" - receive
individual messages during the day; "nomail" - don't receive any messages at
all (like ur on vacation). I don't know of any mailing list which has a
"solicited only" (threads in which I participated) selection. I can envision
setting up such a thing, but I don't think anyone has.

As an aside, this might be considered a bit "silly". Supposed everybody set
such an option? The discussion would be very limited because nobody would ever
receive an original email. Some might even consider it to be a bit "rude" - "I
can talk to you at any time, but don't talk to me without my permission." . I'm
sure that's not your intent. I wanted something like this way back when too.
Now, I just use a gmail account which I access via http://mail.google.com
instead of "local delivery".

--
"Pessimism is a admirable quality in an engineer. Pessimistic people check
their work three times, because they're sure that something won't be right.

>From "Star Nomad" by Lindsay Buroker:

Maranatha! <><
John McKown