Maybe take a look at the Digital Certificate Goody Bags on z/OS presentations
or something like Security Server RACF Security Administrator's Guide
(SA23-2289), Using RACF to manage digital certificates:

RACF has three categories for managing digital certificates:

User certificate

A certificate that is associated with a RACF user ID and is used to
authenticate the user's identity. The RACF user ID can represent a traditional
user or be assigned to a server or started procedure.

Certificate-authority certificate

A certificate that is associated with a certificate authority and is used to
verify signatures in other certificates.

Site certificate

A certificate that is associated with an off-platform server or other network
entity, such as a peer VPN server. This category of certificate can also be
used to share a single certificate and its private key among multiple RACF user
IDs. When used for sharing, a certificate might be referred to as a placeholder
certificate.

Regards,

Kevin