Catalog Recovery+ from Rocket Software will show this information with its
EXPLORE command.  It is a recently added feature.  EXPLORE gathers dataset
information from catalogs, VVDS, VTOC, and for PDS/PDSE, from the dataset
itself, and compiles it all into a comprehensive extract file that can be
reported on in many ways.

Disclaimer: I work for Rocket, and as a matter of fact, wrote the PDSE
support.  I'm biased, but I say it's pretty good :-).

That said, I agree that the lack of PDSE information in catalogs and VTOCs
is unfortunate, as is the secrecy about the internal organization.

sas

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Tom Conley <pinnc...@rochester.rr.com>
wrote:

> On 7/19/2016 11:35 AM, Dyck, Lionel B. , TRA wrote:
>
>> Is there a utility available out there that will generate a vtoc listing
>> that includes pdse version info and also maxgen info ?
>>
>> Thanks

>> Lionel B. Dyck (TRA Contractor)
>> Mainframe Systems Programmer
>> Enterprise Infrastructure Support (Station 200) (005OP6.3.10)
>> VA OI&T Service Delivery & Engineering

> Nope, it ain't in the VTOC.  The PDSE version and maxgen info is embedded
> in the dataset, so you have to open it to determine the version.  My
> requirement to externalize the version indicator to the VTOC or catalog was
> DOA.
>
> Regards,
> Tom Conley

sas