Radoslaw Skorupka wrote:

>I'm going to submit huge command list in a batch (IKJEFT01). The commands are
>unrelated (no loops, etc.) however I want to stop the script after command
>failure, that means RC<>0.

>Example:

>RDEF class PROFILE1.** ...
>RDEF class PROFILE2.** ...
>RDEF class PROFILE3.** ...
>PERMIT profile1.** ID(some grp) ACC(UPDATE)

>Let's say second command fails (RDEF PROFILE2) so, script is aborted, RDEF
>PROFILE3 is not issued.

I would go the way Lizette said. Put your commands in a dataset. Create a REXX
program, read line by line and execute them. Check your RC based on the result
of each command. Exit loop if RC <> 0.

Based on the RDEF result, you could simply skip those PERMIT commands, by
checking the profile in RACF.

It should not be too hard to do that. [1]

I would also consider other's replies. They are very interesting alternatives.
Many ways to skin this little cat!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht

[1] - I have several REXX programs which are doing more or less the same. Read
a Dataset with info, parse each line, create RACF commands and place them in a
dataset for review. If all is Ok, then I simple execute them.

Oh, yes, I have written on RACF-L, years ago, that I wrote a REXX program using
ISPF panels to create / modify one id or a range of ids by creating RACF
commands. This program issues a LU command and either create AU or ALU commands
depending whether the ids are already defined in RACF. The same goes for mass
deletion of ids.