Have you got an entry for the HMC in your CONSOLxx member?

/********************************************************************/
 /*  INTEGRATED 3270 CONSOLE ON HMC. Z/OS 2.1 AND LATER              */
 /********************************************************************/
 /*                            */
CONSOLE DEVNUM(HMCS)       /* DEVICE NUMBER                   */
        AUTH(MASTER)       /* ALL COMMANDS CAN BE ENETERED    */
        USE(FC)            /* FULL CAPABILITY                 */
        NAME(&SYSNAME.HMCS) /* CONSOLE NAME                   */
        ROUTCODE(1-10,12)  /* 14=IEFACTRT, 15=TDS999          */
        CON(N)             /* NON-CONVERSATIONAL MODE         */
        SEG(19)            /* NUMBER OF LINES THAT CAN BE DEL */
        DEL(R)             /* ROLL                            */
        RNUM(39)           /* MAX LINES IN ONE MESSAGE ROLL   */
        RTME(1/4)          /* NUMBER SECONDS BETWEEN MSG ROLL */
        MFORM(J,T,S)       /* MESSAGE DISPLAY INCLUDES JOBNAME*/
        MSCOPE(*ALL)       /* *ALL = DISPLAY ALL MSGS         */
        AREA(NONE)         /* SIZE OF OUT OF LINE DISPLAY AREA*/
        PFKTAB(PFKMSTR)    /* NAME OF PFK TABLE               */

Alan Field
Systems Engineer Principal
Blue Cross Blue Shield of MN

651.662.3546