From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Kirk Wolf
Sent: 28 July 2016 14:48
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: fopen() errno=41 errno2=0xc00a0022 last_op=111 errorCode=0xfe0000

The relevant diagnostic documentation for debugging C library I/O routine
errors is "Language Environment Debugging Guide" and "Debuggin I/O programs" in
the C/C++ Programming Guide.

>From the LE Debugging Guide, under "Using the __amrc and __amrc2
structures....":

It appears that the C library fopen routine failed while issuing a TESTCB macro
(last_op=111).
The TESTCB RC/Ftncd/FDBK is FE/00/00, which doesn't make sense to me.

My assumption is that you are correct and fopen() doesn't support VRRDS, since
there is no documented support in the manuals that I can see.

Best to open an ETR with IBM z/OS Language Environment

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com