Sharon Lopez wrote:
>My concern is that IBM will announce EOS for Enterprise Cobol 4.2
>and we will not be ready.

That's a healthy concern, in my view. Try to move to the current Enterprise
COBOL release as soon as you reasonably can. Leaving aside support periods,
there are some terrific improvements in the new compiler that should help
make your system more efficient and more functional.

For the record, IBM has not announced any End of Service (EoS) date for the
Enterprise COBOL Version 4.2 compiler -- or for Versions 5.1, 5.2, and 6.1
(6.1 is the current release as I write this). If you'd like to review
current General Availability (GA) and EoS dates for the Enterprise COBOL
compilers, please visit:

http://www.ibm.com/software/support/lifecycle/index_e.html

and scroll down to the Enterprise COBOL listings. Updates should be posted
there in due course.

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM z Systems, AP/GCG/MEA
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com