From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Greg Shirey
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2016 2:31 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: VSAM CA reclaim for RMM

Skip,

The IGDSMSxx setting is either NONE or DATACLAS.  So, it's not quite global -
the VSAM file must be assigned a DATACLAS at creation which has CA RECLAIM set
to Y.

We modified all our Data Classes sometime in mid-2012, so our SMS-managed VSAM
files have been reclaiming CA's for years.   I spent a lot of time trying to
determine a method of proving any benefit or detriment but never could.

Sorry to be late joining the thread, been out for a few days...

Regards,
Greg Shirey
Ben E. Keith Company