>>> On 10/14/2016 at 03:59 PM, Jerry Whitteridge <jerry.whitteri...@safeway.com>
> Curl would be what I would use on zOS to do the same function as wget - (I
> think it can use wget under the covers)

I don't believe that to be true.  One feature that wget has that curl does not
is recursively downloading entire trees, while maintaining last-modified dates,
etc.  If you're only downloading one file here and there, and don't mind the
dates not matching, then curl is just fine.  Doing more than that is certainly
possible (it's a very powerful command in a lot of ways), but you'll start
getting into scripting things.

Mark Post