Hello list I have a small problem that I was hoping I could get some help with.

System is z/OS V1.13 running on a Z13s W01 soon to be V2.2, but not yet and not
soon enough.

We are using system SSL/TLS not AT/TLS  for FTP and TN3270. We have Crypto
express 5 cards
with a CEX5C coprocessor.

I wanted to take advantage of the crypto cards so I imported the

RSA cerftificate we were using using the PCICC(*) option. This is supposed to
take the private key and place it in the PKDS which is supposed to perform
better
than using software ssl encryption.

To my dismay TN3270 will no longer support a SSL\TLS connection, however
Secure FTP has no problem. I ensured that nothing was changed in the keyring and
that the correct SITE certificate shows up there. I also made sure that TN3270
and FTP are pointing to the same keyring.

The RACF display of the keyring shows this:

Digital ring information for user TCPIP:

  Ring:
       >SharedRing<
  Certificate Label Name             Cert Owner     USAGE      DEFAULT
  --------------------------------   ------------   --------   -------
  XXXXX Cert 2048 Authority          CERTAUTH       CERTAUTH     NO

  TCPIPSharedSite                    SITE           PERSONAL     YES

The above is correct.

The access from FTP is shown below: IP addresses and userid's changed to
protect the innocent.

Oct 26 14:21:30 JESH01 ftpd[33555196]: EZYFS50I ID=FTPD100119 CONN   starts
Client IPaddr=999.99.1.27 hostname=UNKNOWN
Oct 26 14:21:30 JESH01 ftps[33555196]: EZYFS54I ID=FTPD100119 SECURE OK
Mechanism=TLS-P
Oct 26 14:21:30 JESH01 ftps[33555196]: EZYFS56I ID=FTPD100119 ACCESS OK
USERID=XXXXXX
Oct 26 14:21:31 JESH01 ftps[33555195]: EZYFS67I ID=FTPD100119 ALLOC  OK     Use
HFS filename=/u/log/2016/10/24/ftp.log

We ran an SSL trace and this is what we get:

   Job,TN3270    Process 00000016  Thread 0000001C  crypto_rsa_private_decrypt
   Stored,private key support is not available
     ,
SSF1,     MESSAGE   00000004  14:43:03.790222  SSL_ERROR
     ,
   Job,TN3270    Process 00000016  Thread 0000001C  read_v3_client_key_exchang
   Unable,to decrypt pre-master secret: Error 0x0335301a

The trace looks good until we get the Error 0x0335301a.

0335301A No private key.
Explanation: A private key request cannot be
processed because the database entry does not contain
a private key. This error can occur if the private key is
stored in the Integrated Cryptographic Service Facility
(ICSF) but the CSF started task is not running.
User response: Verify that the CSF started task is
running if the private key is stored in ICSF. Otherwise,
repeat the failing request using a database entry
containing a private key.

I'm at a loss ICSF is up and running, and the crypto cards are supposed to have
the PCICC coprocessors.

Secure Tn3270 does not work, but secure FTP does.

I'm at a loss any idea's welcome.

Thanks

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you
have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This
individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not
immediately by e-mail if you have received this message by mistake and delete
this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are