From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Allan Staller [allan.stal...@hcl.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 8:46 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Help with email

This is normal behavior for the described process. The IEBGENER step ends
successfully (RC=0) and the output is placed in spool.

At some later time,  SMTP retrieves the data from the spool and attempts to
send it to the appropriate destination.

Most shops I have encountered, configure SMTP to send the mail to the
"corporate" email server for distribution.

HTH,

Another alternative might be to use the SMTPNOTE REXX