Depending on how long ago the bad copy was done, you may be able to restore the
original modules via the PDS command (or successor). This should be possible
unless LPALIB has been compressed. Even if it was compressed, you could try
reloading a full-volume copy made before that event.

Once you have an uncompressed copy of LPALIB, use PDS RESTORE to find and
display old deleted/replaced members. You will have to choose the correct
versions by eyeballing data within the modules.

The reason you cannot SMPE RESTORE the PTF is that some pieces needed to
rebuild the module(s) were actually deleted during the APPLY/ACCEPT. There is
usually a HOLD record to that effect--type DELETE--when such a PTF is
installed. Given the messages you've reported, I don't think that SMPE alone
can get you back to the point you need.

For the future, I suggest creating usermods for modifications to SMPE-managed
elements. A usermod on principle is APPLied but never ACCEPTed.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company