On 2016-11-02 20:39, Jesse 1 Robinson wrote:
> Clist has been subject to the same restrictions since long before Rexx came
> to TSO/E. It's not up to Rexx to fix the problem.

You mean they had that long to fix it and they haven't?

But I said, "... or arrange that it be fixed ..."  If needed they
should pass the requirement on to the department in charge.

I feel the same about ISPF's SUBMIT command's losing data.  TSO
SUBMIT fails with a message if it can't handle the input.  ISPF
simply discards enough data that it fits and doesn't even tell
the user, much less provide an option to cancel.

-- gil