Hello,

Answering my own question.  My HTTP server was at 8.5.5.7.  IBM has a PTF
UI39727 to bring it up to 8.5.5.10 that will solve this problem.

Also, here is some info for how to setup the httpd.conf file to use MVSDS.
#     12/10/15 added to enable MVSDS
LoadModule mvsds_module modules/mod_mvsds.so
#
…
<Location /MVSDS >
# Treat URL's as dataset names
MVSDS ON
#
# For datasets without a Type as a qualifier,
# set default.
DefaultType text/plain
#
# Allow PDS listings
MVSDSIndexes On
#
# Protection for MVSDS
AuthName "MVSDS"
AuthType Basic
Require valid-user
AuthBasicProvider saf
AuthSAFExpiration "EXPIRED"
SAFRunAS %%CLIENT%%
CharsetSourceEnc IBM-1047
CharsetDefault   ISO8859-1
</Location>

The url has to have quotes around the dsn:  /MVSDS/’MY.DATASET’