z/OS sftp client supports ASCII. And I believe the Co:Z sftp server that runs
on z/OS does too along with lots of other goodies like spool access.

That's good to know, cheers! I rarely use it with a properly configured FTP/S
being more useful imo. But the sftp is handy for binary transfers especially
when FTP/S isn't configured.

On Nov 18, 2016, at 06:07, David Crayford