From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Charles Mills
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2016 9:14 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: STC as batch

STCs and Jobs are different MVS "units of work." Your question is analogous to
asking "is it possible for a dog to be a cat?" No, it is not.

But you can train a dog to catch mice. You can train a cat to fetch a ball.

What aspect of an STC would you like in batch? Or, what aspect of batch would
you like your STC to have?

Taking your first question literally, yes, you can invoke (start) an STC from a
batch job. You can -- subject to certain restrictions -- enter any console
command from a batch job, including a START for a cataloged procedure.

But I don't know how the rest of your post applies to your first question.

Charles