From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Peter Hunkeler
Sent: 29 November 2016 17:00
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: How to Identify modules as C/C++ or Cobol, or ASM from dump
(SYSMDUMP)

I've got a dump (SYSMDUMP) from a Cobol program that has called some 500+
other modules (don't ask) when it finally abends with an S0CA. The modules
are Cobol, C/C++ and Assembler modules.

The S0CA is caused by the fact that C/C++ sets the "decimal overflow mask"
in the PSW, but does not reset it to the previous state. Cobol expects
decmial overflows not to cause an exception (000A).

My problem is to find which of the 500+ are C/C++ modules. So far I could
not find a way to determine this from the dump. LE remembers which runtime
environments (Cobol, C/C++) are active because some such code has been
active in the enclacve. So I'm hoping that LE keeps some kind of list of
modules loaded by "type", i.e. the various languages it supports.

I'm thinking of something like the LLE (load list entries) but by language
type.

Does anyone happen to know anything that might help me?

--
Peter Hunkeler

--
Peter Hunkeler