If it were me, I’d start by Googling open source web file sharing or open
source private cloud.  I think the issue is starting with “Z” based xyz.   Most
/ many technologies can / will run on z if they’re java / c / plain ol’ web
type stuff - you might very well be able to port or even just install off the
shelf one of the 10s of options in that space.

Obviously you might’nt be able to do direct xfers to MVS Datasets, for instance
- but with all the other help / ingenuity here I’m sure you can work / code
around that to use UNIX as the base for pickup/dropoff.