Or you can create a standalone ALLOC you do once in ISPF.  Use LIBDEFs and
ALTLIB in it.  Then so long as you remain in that session, you have what you
need.

When you logoff the ALTLIB and LIBDEFs go away.

Note:  Some products do not use the ALTLIB.  You need to validate what you are
doing can handle ALTLIB and LIBDEFs.

Enter ISPF, on the command line execute your Allocation REXX/CLIST for your
LIBDEFs or ALTLIBs, work in that ISPF Session (if you split screen, execute
your allocation REXX/CLIST again).  Should be good for the life or your ISPF
environment.  Con:  If you execute another application that does its owns
LIBDEFs/ALTLIBs may cause interesting issues.

One shop I was in had an ISPF Logon Clist.  It looked for a specific dataset
name with a member called ALLOCME - when it was found that was executed and
re-ordered your TSO logon Datasets putting the user files first.  Then it took
you into ISPF

Lizette