From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Timothy Sipples
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2016 12:50 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] z/OS Web Based Dropbox ?

One possible option is the IBM Content Navigator web user interface. You can
get this interface with either Content Manager for z/OS or Content Manager
OnDemand for z/OS. My best guess is the latter would be the better fit for your
use case, but "ask your friendly IBM representative."

The Content Navigator Web UI lets you upload and download files into your
designated IBM content repository, thence you can do pretty much whatever you
want to process files. The UI supports previewing certain file types in the
browser, if you wish. The upload capability is provided in sample code.
Look for FileUploadCustomAction.js and its associated samples to get rolling.
The sample may be entirely sufficient for your needs. It's single file upload
(per interaction), but it can be extended for multi file upload.

When you mentioned "Dropbox," I jumped immediately to CMz/CMODz. If that
analogy is truly apt, I think one of those solutions is likely to be your
winner.

Another option is the MQ Managed File Transfer Web Gateway, a part of MQ
Managed File Transfer in MQ Advanced for z/OS. The Web Gateway runs on
WebSphere Application Server for z/OS and possibly also Liberty Profile.
Look for the sample upload/download Web user interface application
com.ibm.wmqfte.web.samples.war, which again could be entirely sufficient as-is
depending on your requirements.

Alternatively, if your users already have secure Web-based e-mail, or could,
and if you have CICS Transaction Server for z/OS, then you could use CICS
SupportPac CA1Y:

http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24033197

This SupportPac enables CICS to send and receive e-mail, including e-mail with
file attachments.

Anyway, those are three options off the top of my head, a good start. If for
some reason none of those options work out, please let me know and I'll go
digging for some more.

Insert my usual "While file transfer at all?" architectural comments here.

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM z Systems, AP/GCG/MEA
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com