Only consideration I have is for run away datasets.  Those that could grow
beyond 4GB limit and you do not know it until your storage pool (and any
overflows/spill pools associated with the pool) have been consumed by the
extended dataset.

I have had pools fill up due to one VSAM file that took 1TB of storage.  It was
unexpected and other jobs/tasks failed due to the pool being full.

If you have enough storage to handle the maximum allocation your files can
become, then no issues with extend for any file.

You may want to consider putting in place notifications when the IEC161 220
message shows up.  Or when the zFS file or HFS files gets really big.

Some UNIX users can create massive dumps in your USS environment in z/OS.

Lizette