From:   Jesse 1 Robinson <jesse1.robin...@sce.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Date:   04/01/2017 16:47
Subject:        Re: Implementing application's variables
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

One parting shot. Technical possibilities aside, look for a solution that
'localizes' the mechanism as close as possible to the application folks.
My earlier reply did not consider involvement of auditors, who will surely
want you to prove at any given moment what the calculation value is and
how it is managed. I work at an electric utility, which is minutely
governed by PUC regulations at many levels. The rules can change
frequently and unpredictably. As others have suggested, consider some kind
of data base that can supply a rich variety of values easily demonstrable
to auditors.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson